The Lighthouse Group, members of the Brahma Kumaris who are professionals in the field of drugs and alcohol recovery, was founded in September 2004.
It organises a regular series of personal development programmes, workshops and seminars, offered to individuals going through the recovery process at the different stages (one to three) as well as for professionals working with them.
Lighthouse Group members include professionals with a background in:
- working with people affected by drug and alcohol abuse;
- health care;
- coaching and personal development;
- social work and social care.
The group is currently working with some day and residential centres in inner- London and continues to build working relationships with a range of partner organisations.
Workshop/Seminar themes for the recovery services include:
- Relaxation and reflection techniques
- Self-awareness and positive identity
- The way ahead through positive thinking (link to positive thinking page)
- Facing challenges in a positive way
- Creating, maintaining and healing relationships
- Dealing with the past, appreciating the present, creating the future
For more information on any of our drugs and alcohol abuse recovery programmes please contact: Ann Stirzaker email: firstname.lastname@example.org